75100385

I received a PCN from Euro Car parks in South Shields saying

Customer Question

I received a PCN from Euro Car parks in South Shields saying that I had no visible par an display ticket, however I had paid and entered my rental car's registration number (it may have been entered incorrectly as it was a rental). As it was a rental I have been charged £36 by the rental company as per T and C's of the contract and also the PCN charge is £40 which I have contested. My ticket had slipped from the dashboard to the side of the dashboard - no doubt when I closed the door of the car and vacuum which that used inside the car. I saw the ticket myself when I returned to the car. Unfortunately i didn't think to keep the ticket and so have no proof that I paid the parking charges ( I paid for three hours and stayed for just over one and half hours). Do the car park machines keep a record of the registration numbers that are entered and how much is paid or is it my responsibility to provide evidence that i paid for my parking? should i pay the fine? The rental company charge will automatically be taken from my credit card. Please help.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to confirm you entered the wrong registration number and the ticket was not on display?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have entered the wrong registration - as I don't have the pay and display ticket I cannot verify that. The ticket had slipped down off the dashboard to the side and I could see it when I returned to the car, but obviously the inspector didn't notice that it had slipped.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its bad news I am afraid. You are liable for the fine as it is up to you to show:1) You entered the correct reg2) The ticket was displayedIf it is either of these things then you, as the driver, are liable for the fine. A wrong registration is not a defence and you should have checked the ticket was showing before you left.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.an I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex