Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can the police pursue a speeding ticket through your insurance

Customer Question

can the police pursue a speeding ticket through your insurance address and not your v5 address?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my registered address on the insurance is an old address that i have forgotten to update. i have a court case tomorrow to submit my plea, and have no idea if i should go guilty or not guilty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a ticket has come to my old address which happens to be registered on my insurance policy as my current address, however registered address on the v5 form is different. they have made no contact with me through the car registered address and have only sent there correspondence to the my insurance address. I have moved from that address over a year a go. so it esculated to judgment against me, and now am appealing it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Have the dvla updated your address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the address on dvla is the updated . It's the insurance that address was updated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I repeat, the address on dvla was updated an is the correct address. It's the car insurance address that was not updated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was under the impression, that you guarantee a reply with in half an hour?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
When did the DVLA update?Or more specifically was it before the summons or the NIP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was updated before the summons.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What about before the NIP?