75100385

We have a speeding fine on m4 but cant remember who was

We have a speeding fine on m4 but cant remember who was driving. We asked for photos but its was night time and the back of the car is the only photo we were sent the police have said I have 28 days ( 21gone) to answer or I will br fined with penalty points My husband and I are always on the motorway and do not know which one of us was driving what can we do? I have a clean licence and I m not taking points if it wasnt me the speed was 81 in 70 limit on M4 can you advise please
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Are you a company or individual please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Individual
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - did you send the document back naming all those that COULD have been driving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i said it was either myself or my husband we are the only two on the insurance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the form back asking for the phots
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then you need to send it back saying it was either you or husband.That is your legal obligation to name all those who could have been driving.You are not required to do any more than that. If you dont then you will be guilty of failing to provide information and get 6 points.But you need to reply back nominating both as potential drivers - that is all the law asks.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will happen then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have told me its my responsibility to name the driver but we dont know which one of us it was. The photo doesnt show who it is so where will they take it after i name us both as drivers? Do i need to get a solicitor?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No - you should name BOTH. That is all you have to do.You dont need a Solicitor.Can I clarify anything for you about this today?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex