75100385

My wife, who has a provisional driving licence was involved

My wife, who has a provisional driving licence was involved in a car accident where she failed to stop and exchange information. She did report the accident within 24 hrs. I am the insured driver of this car.
1)What sentence will she face?
2)Typically, what would my liability be for damages to the other vehicle in light of my wife only having a provisional licence?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does she have any previous?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankfully, none
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It's possible depending the accident may be charge PhD with careless driving which is points and fine and will be charged with fail to too and report and driving otherwise in accordance with a licence. These also attract points.

She is probably looking at about 6 points and a fine.

As to the damage the insurance will probably refuse to pay out and that means she would be personally liable for any damage and personal injury claim.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Charged with careless - that's auto correct for you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah - google doesn't know about "charge PhD" :)So can I confirm? It's likely that she gets:
A reckless driving charge.
A failure to report charge.
And she will be liable for the accident damage and not me even though I am the insured person.Could you clarify any issues relating to her driving with only a provisional licence i.e. I thought that it was required to have a licenced driver in the car when driving with a provisional licence?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Fail to report for sure and otherwise in accordance with a licence. Careless depending on the circumstances.

She is required to have someone in the car when she is driving and L plates. If she didn't not have someone supervising her that is an offence.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks.