Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can I park on the c80 road outside my house at Terrington st

Can I park on the c80 road outside my house at Terrington st clement kings lynn there are no lines or markings on the road
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am parking a vehicle on the C80 trunk road outside my house in the daytime until my drive is finished, but I have been informed that some one has complained to the local parish council who has told me it is on the agenda for the next meeting and I want to know if I am doing anything wrong as there is no lines on the road to say I can't park?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, it depends.

If this is a public road and there are no restrictions there then you can park there unless the manner of your parking is such as to cause an obstruction.

It might be that the council could add restrictions but they have to go through a consultation and advertising process to achieve that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be deemed as an obstruction if I park and two cars come in opposite directions one would have to stop is that an obstruction?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not necessarily. It depends. It is possible to obstruct the road in that way. More likely it is parking across a drive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will attend and fight my corner thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.