Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can I appeal against the revocation of my driving licence by

Can I appeal against the revocation of my driving licence by DVLA? I have Parkinson's Disease, am aged 70, but I believe I am still a competent driver.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Will a doctor say that it has no impact upon your ability to drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked my GP about 2 months ago if he would support me if necessary, and he seemed a little uncomfortable with the idea !
At that time, I felt confident about tackling DVLA ....I am a very experienced driver, a member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists, and I feel certain that I am still a competent driver.I have been writing to DVLA for almost 4 months, but they will not respond to my offer to undergo driving or medical assessments.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can appeal. There is a mandatory right to appeal any decision of the DVLA.

The question really is whether there is any point. The burden of proof is upon you to show that your condition is not one that would impact upon the safety of the roads.

The reality is that unless you are going to be able to call established medical evidence to the effect that you will be safe to drive there is no pout in pursuing an appeal as it will just be a waste of money and of time.

You might well be able to do that but that is the test you must reach.