Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Jo. Back at the begining of April we went on a family

Customer Question

Hi Jo. Back at the begining of April we went on a family holiday from Kent to Dorset. Over a month later we got a letter telling us we hadn't responded to the NIP (which we hadn't had) We sent a letter the next day, acknowledging receipt and asking for photographs - as we both shared the journey down, and were swapping frequently as one of the kids was ill. Photos have arrived showing the rear of the car - saying we were doing 79 in a 70, but are no help in identifying which one of us was driving.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The letter also says that we took too long to respond.
Both letters have been send recorded delivery
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

What steps have you taken to identify the driver?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jo,The date we received the reminder letter from Avon & Somerset Police was the 8th May, relating to the offence date which was the 8th April. As mentioned this was the first correspondence we'd had from them, and demanded a completed NIP reply form within 7 days. (one was not included in with the letter)We sent them a letter recorded delivery by return - letting them know we hadn't received the letterCopy of letter from 10th May belowDear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of the above Notice of Intended Prosecution, and confirm that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle.
My first notification of the above NIP was received today (10th May 2016)
There was more than one insured driver operating the vehicle on the above date, and I do not know who was driving the vehicle at that time.
Could you please send me all photographic evidence and/or other evidence that the police have, so that I can help identify the driver.
I will do all I can to speak to and identify the other possible offenders in the meantime.
I look forward to hearing from you.Yours SincerelyV. Plevin.We had no acknowledgement for this letter, and we sent another letter this monday (also sent recorded) which is below.6th June 2016Your Ref : 052 305(###) ###-####Car Reg : P16VNS
Offence Date : 8th April.Dear Sir/Madam,
Further to my letter sent to you recorded delivery on the 10th May (copy of letter, recorded delivery receipt and proof of delivery signed for by MOORE on the 12th May enclosed) I have yet to hear from you and it has been almost a month.
As previously stated my first notification of the above NIP was received on the 10th May 2016 over a month after the incident, detailing a previously sent letter/NIP that I hadn’t received.
Could you please send me all photographic evidence and/or other evidence that the police have, so that I can help identify the driver.Yours SincerelyThe driver was either me or my fiance - and we'd hazard a guess from the photographs of the rear of the vehicle, that it was Vicky - only due to the size of the silhouettes visible in the image (you cannot make any more than this).Neither letter from them has included any "What to do now" instructions (and as mentioned the first letter demands the NIP be returned within 7 days, but we hadn't got one to return).ThanksJames
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

Ok.

So what steps have you taken to identify the driver?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You've asked me the above question twice - have you actually read the text I've sent?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anybody actually here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is ridiculous, I've had a computer generated response twice, and then nothing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 months ago.

That is because I need the information I asked for.

Your response above does not tell me what steps you have taken to identify the driver. All it does is make the point that you have written to them effectively saying that you cannot.