75100385

I have been issued a PCN by Euro Car Parks. On the said day

Customer Question

Hi. I have been issued a PCN by Euro Car Parks. On the said day of the parking offence, I had travelled to Sheffield for a course, parked my car and then realised that I had not got my purse with me. As I had driven 25 miles and needed to be on time for my course, I rang Euro car parks and explained the situation, offering to pay by phone when I got home. The lady I spoke to informed me that I couldn't do this but that she would give me a few hours to move the car. I then emailed the company also explaining the situation and offering to pay when I got home. I received no answer to this email. When I returned to the car later that day, there was no ticket. I rang the company when I got home but received no answer. Then went on holiday for two weeks and have returned to find a PCN in the post. Is there anything I can do about this?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you appealed the decision please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you know who you spoke to at Euro?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No unfortunately. But I still have the email I sent.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If Id have paid within 14 days of date, it was a reduced fine of £45 but unfortunately i have been on holiday and only returned after the said date. The fee is now £75.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, just wondering where we go from here?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I was just delayed in Court. Sadly if you did not appeal then the £75 is payable. You may be in time for an appeal but you should be quick.

However on the basis you dont know who it was you spoke to or got a reference number to permit the stay, you may be in a little difficulty.

But I would appeal if you are in time, you have nothing to lose.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/