Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Jo, I got a pcn but forgot about it. They sent the reminders

Hi Jo, I got a pcn but forgot about it. They sent the reminders to our old address ( I did not know my husband hadn't changed the registered address) and we filed a statutory out of time but it has been decline. I'd just like to pay the Halifax but I don't have any of the demands or letters. How do I get those?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lambeth Council
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it should read I'd like to pay the baliffs
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I see.

How did you find out about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About a year later I got another ticket and couldn't find it so rang them to get a pcn number so I could pay it. They couldn't find it (turns out that was a TFL ticket) but said there was one outstanding but had been sent to Northampton. I rang the court and they advised me to file an out of time but it was refused. All I want to do is get the documentation so I can pay it but there is no further information on how to do that.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can appeal the refusal.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
However, probably at this stage your best option is to find out from Northampton what is outstanding.. They are usually pretty helpful. At the very least they should tell you what con numbers are outstanding and who is the issuer so that you can check with the issuer which bailiff they use.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To do an out of time stay Dec though then you must have had the issue number.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you know it is Lambeth council then the council parking office should tell you the status and if it is with bailiffs which firm.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies what is a con number? The council previously told me they couldn't help me as it had been sent to court and gave me Northamptonshire number. By issue number do you mean pcn?Northampton previously just said file the out of time, and then you'll hear from council. But all we've heard is its been refused with no further info.Will there be a CCJ against my husband (actually it's my husband who is being cited here as registered in his name). We never have debts outstanding so this is really worrying us. I feel very guilty as I was at this heavily pregnant here with worrying medical issues and so this whole thing got lost in my panic.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ythat should have read PcN number. I think it's pre emotive spelling on the iPad.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, this should lead to a c c j. It is just a parking fine.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, should not lead to a ccj
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How did you appeal without a PcN number?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The council can't negotiate with you but they can tell you which bailiff it is with.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The reason it has been refused is that out of time ones usually are. You can appeal.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm offline overnight now but I can return to this in the morning at about 10am ish if you have further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK to summarise:
- we have pcn
- Call Northampton and double check issuer,amount outstanding?
- Call council assuming it is Lambeth and ask for bailiffs.
-we should not get a CCJ for parking fine.
Please can you verify.
Thanks!!!!!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If you have the PcN number then call Northampton.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If they are unhelpful then you could try the traffic adjudicator which is probably PTAs. They are usually pretty helpful and should tell you which borough council it is. Then talk to the council who should give you the bailiffs details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. All the best.