Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My son and I drove to a pub along the A168 which is the old

Customer Question

My son and I drove to a pub along the A168 which is the old southbound carriageway of the A1 north of Wetherby towards Thirsk. A wide road with very little traffic, bright sunny day. We had already swapped driving before we got to the pub. On the way back from said pub we realised that we had left my son's scarfe behind. Went back, retrieved it and changed drivers again. Somewhere on the A168, not far from the pub, the police must have established a camera unit.
Either my son or I were "caught" driving at 89 mph. The speed limit was 60. We genuinely do not know which is us was "caught". The picture of the car is blurred and it is impossible to say who the driver was. My point is, which I explained in correspondence to the camera unit on three occasions, that one of us was obviously caught speeding but we simply do not know who. The easy way out would be for one of us to plead guilty but that would be based on a toss of a coin.
I have now received a Single Justice Procedure notice. I am minded to plead NOT guilty and take my chances but would want legal representation.
Views please.
Many thanks!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What steps have you taken to identify the driver?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Why did you swap driving on such a short journey?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you ready now?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You are engaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am holding on your call!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You are engaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is an Audi R8. So a fun car to drive. My son was due to depart for a 6 month job in India so we decided to "go for a drive" and have a pint in a country pub. Both of us drove.
It may be best to speak re details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or ring me on 07775 586346.
William
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I will try now.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Try here

http://www.trinitychambers.co.uk/specialist-areas/criminal/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will do on Monday.
William
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

They seem to do criminal work.