Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been asked to attend an interview re my car accident

Customer Question

I have been asked to attend an interview re my car accident on 19 June 16 what do I need to do? this not to do with the insurance claim.Pauline
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Do you mean a police interview?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do mean a police Interview
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Ok. Are you asking you need to attend?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no I am asking what happens and what do I need to do Re do I need to take any one with me other then my brother who has said he will come and support me as am dyslexic and may need help if there are any forms to read through and any thing else.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

It is quite unlikely that he will be allowed to help.

Dyslexia alone doesn't give rise to the need for an appropriate adult normally.

You will probably be arrested and read your rights. You will be offered a solicitor which you should accept and then you will be interviewed.

I'm not sure what you mean by what should you do? If you mean whether you should answer questions or not then that depends on the strength of the evidence. That is something that your solicitor will advice you upon.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think this may be easier with Live discussion so i will take you up on the offer if that is OK
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No its not about answering questions at the interview, would it be advisable to get my own solicitor to go through what i can remember what happened before I am interviewed or use the the offered by the police? and just what happens at the interview ??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

No, the duty solicitor is just as good as own solicitor really.

interviews are not complicated. you are asked questions about the offence. Which questions depend on the offence and upon the facts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Depending on the witness evidence I may face prosecution for driving without due care and attention is what i have been told by F E Smith Solicitor from Just answer after are discussion on the phone on 22/6/16 following my first question .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you let me know if you are going to do phone discussion or not? Other wise I will see if I can have one with F E Smith if he is available?
Pauline
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just to let you know I am just popping out and will be back i an about an hour should you what to phone me. if not please let me know. I have all so sent my Mobile Phone number as well.Pauline
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello I am back if you want to call??
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

I can do a phone call now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can take call
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

I'll try now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

All the best.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you Jo for the call and your advice. Apologies I meant to ask you during our call but could you summarise the advice in a follow up email. I am dyslexic and sometimes even with verbal explanations, such as this where there is a lot of information, I find it difficult to follow. I would also like to discuss the advice with my brother and sister who have been supporting me through this ordeal. In fact my sister is helping me to write this response. My email address is***@******.***. Many thanks and kind regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Sorry but I'm not sure what we discussed now? Obviously I don't have a note of it and I have spoken to others since?