Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I OWN A COMPANY WHICH EMPLOYS VAN DRIVERS AND I HAVE

Customer Question

i OWN A COMPANY WHICH EMPLOYS VAN DRIVERS AND I HAVE RECEIVED A SINGLE JUSTICE PROCEDURE NOTICE TO THE COMPANY FOR FAILURE TO GIVE INFORMATION TO THE IDENTIFICATION OF THE DRIVER FOR A SPEEDING FINE BUT THE PROBLEM IS A DID SEND THE INFORMATION REQUIRED OFF BUT NEVER HEARD NO MORE TILL NOW SO WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: IS IS A SINGLE JUSTICE PROCEDURE NOTICE I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Did you respond in 28 days?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i did but i have no proof
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Did you name the driver unequivocally?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Ok.

Are you asking if you should fight this?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No i am asking what will happen if i plead guily and give the name of the driver and write a letter saying i did respond what will the driver get
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No i am asking i am going to plead guilty and give the details what will happen then as in what will be the fine and points
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Are you summoned personally or is it the company ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the company
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Have they not summonsed any person at all? That would be rare these days.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No it is to the Company
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

In that case, if you plead guilty on behalf of the company then all they can do is fine it.

They cannot add points to the licence of a company as it has no licence because it is not a person.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

If the company doesn't pay then they can enforce against you but that probably isn't your primary concern.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

This is why it is rare that they don't cross summons a director now.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

But if they haven't done it then I wouldn't worry about that.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.