Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I bought a motorbike 6 months ago but didn't get any V5. I

Customer Question

I bought a motorbike 6 months ago but didn't get any V5. I only have the 'New keepers details' section.What should i do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Why didn't you get the V5?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the seller only gave me the section 10, green one, new sections details. And that i will receive the log book by post in 4 weeks. Didn't happened.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

he hasn't transferred it?

It is his responsibility.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he said he send all the documents. can it still be changed even if the selling date was 6 months ago? I have taxed it since day 1, i do have the new keeper section and a receipt for money. Will DVLA issue me a new v5 with the actual selling date?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it won't be a problem. At least it will be his problem not yours.

You have to notify the DVLA of this situation and request that they transfer to you. They will write the previous owner for comments but obviously he will not want to be liable for your speeding offences or parking fines potentially. He has probably just forgotten to do it.
It won't be a problem.