Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was caught on a static camera however the road number on

Customer Question

i was caught on a static camera however the road number on the paperwork is not the road number that the camera is on
can you help me
michael
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Were you speeding?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they said i was doing 36 which is the limit they allow however my companies tracker system says at the time they say i was doing 31
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Was the limit 30?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Whichever is right then you were over 30.

What were you hoping to achieve?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i was hoping to appeal as they say they they allow 10%+3 miles per hour
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dispute the fact i was doing 36
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I'm really sorry but I'm afraid that is not going to succeed.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

The reality is that you can plead not guilty and fight it.

However, you will lose. They are not going to accept the findings of your company tracker over that of a home office approved reliable device and even if they do you were still speeding as the limit is 30.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

The same offence is committed if you travel at 31 or 36.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what about the camera location
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

On your second point, 10% and 3 is a complete myth. It arises from sites like Pepipoo where people talk nonsense and encourage other people to bring defences that see them hit with costs order.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Devices are generally set to 10% over the limit to ensure reliability especially at lower speeds but that doesn't mean they cannot prosecute anything under.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Not sure what you mean about the location? You don't seem to give me information upon it?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
on the second point that is what the police said in the letter the camera is actually located on A6078 but they say it is on the A677
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

If the location is wrong then you could arguably make a point arising from that.

It depends whether you are willing to risks costs.

The reality is that they will find this in the end and then you would have no option but to plead.

It depends whether the opportunity of escaping it worth it balanced against increased costs.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

No problem.

All the best.