david northrop
david northrop, Solicitor
Experience:  I have over 25 years experience of litigation law including road traffic law
12609314

I own holiday apts with a dropped curb and a line in front

Customer Question

i own holiday apts with a dropped curb and a white line in front of my small carpark the council put a ticket on a guests vehicle as they were parked on the road in front of my dropped curb i had told them to do so as can only get 4 cars on my drive. It says in exemptions occupants can park in front of their own drives also i let one flat to a young couple they dont have a car and do not want to use my car park and have been told they cannot use the carpark as it is just mine. The council are saying that it is a shared property and trying to say i dont live here but i do and the property is only shared with the young couple who dont have a car and my guests i think this is not right the council at conwy are known to be corrupt.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  david northrop replied 1 year ago.

You do not own the road outside and therefore you cannot give permission to someone to park on the highway and block your driveway.

It is an offence under the Highways legislation to block a driveway and so they were entitled to issue a penalty notice.

Best regards

Michael