Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been charged that I did "Fail to give information

Customer Question

I have been charged that I did"Fail to give information relating to the driver /rider of a vehicle when requiredOn ADATE at CITY in the COUNTY of COUNTYNAME, having been required by or on behalf of the chief officer of police for COUNTYNAME, failed to give information relating to theidentification of the driver of a vehicle, namely CAR index REGISTRATIONNUMBER, who was alleged to have been guilty of an offence."I do not live in CITY, the police are not headquartered in that CITY. I have no connection to CITY and the alleged underlying offence occurred 30 miles from CITY.
They state no legislation that I am charged under.
I do not understand the charges as laid.
The charge sheet is on the rear of a SJPN.I have plead not guilty on the facts, which are.
I gave the information. The police have sent in writing, details, which show that they have the information.I was under the impression that the charge had to give me the details of the legislation and the information in a way that I would understand. I am aware of the fact that charges can be amended easily - http://www.newlawjournal.co.uk/content/fatal-flawsWhat should I do on the basis that I have pleaded not guilty on the facts?Should I inform the prosecutor the charge is flawed?Does anybody have any strategy tips?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Did you respond naming the driver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied stating that either I, or a garage in Preston was the driver. I have read the relevant cases. I replied by email as that was an option given on the form. It was not an option given to any of the defendants in the earlier cases. After replying the police replied. I then replied again. The police then replied. I then replied. The police then closed their inbox due to the volume of emails they had been getting. They didn't tell me this.They then waited 4 months until the day the charges became time barred and sent me a SJPN with the charge as described above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
incidentally, I didn't not get the NIP/s.172 request. I replied to the reminder. the witness statement from the police makes it clear they don't have proof of posting. I have a diagnosed learning difficulty that leads to me interpreting information atypically. I have a statement from a linquistic expert confirming that a person with my neoroatypical mind would read that emailing them was a legitimate response. I also spoke to the garage owner, checked my work book, asked colleagues and tried to identify the driver through all routes I could think of.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, you did not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In short I have them the information that they requested and at no point in the conversation did the police state that my responses were not sufficient. In fact they stated that they would contact the garage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once more you have given me no answers of any detail. Either answer my initial question in a way that is helpful or stop answering my questions.