How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 4052
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a PCN that I do not feel is justified. I have

Resolved Question:

I have a PCN that I do not feel is justified. I have responded with a generic letter with evidence and this has been ignored and I now have a demand for a larger sum.
How can I move forward?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Who was the PCN given by, Council or private?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Jamie
This was a private company.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Did you formally appeal? Who is the company?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The signs state that the carpark is managed by LDK Parking Solutions. The payment was made to "Whoosh!".
The letters have come from PCN Admin Centre, May Court, Links Business Centre, Old Woking Road, Woking, Surrey, GU22 8BF.
I responded with a generic letter from the internet stating that I was charged £1.20 via mobile phone/debit card. The PCN was issued after 65 minutes stating that I had overstayed my 1 hour of parking. I attached photos of the signage in the car park clearly offering 1-2 hours of parking for £1.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

You can only complain to the Parking Body they belong which may be the British Parking Association

They do belong. Therefore you can complain to here or appeal using POLA

They can both examine your complaints about the firm

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Jamie - I will complain.
What I need to know now is:
Do they have any case in law to arrive on my doorstep demanding payment?
Do they have any legal standing?
Is there anything they can threaten me with other than going before a magistrate?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

No they dont. Yes the charges are legal. There is a Parking Eye decision in the Supreme Court saying they can be enforced.

But they cant do anything without issuing proceedings in the County Court

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thankyou Jamie.
I will complain to their Parking Body.
Many thanks for clarifying this for me.
Best regards, Kevin
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Law and other Traffic Law Specialists are ready to help you