Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I own a Vehicle Logistics Company and am currently insured

Customer Question

Hi I own a Vehicle Logistics Company and am currently insured by LV with my insurance broker being Finch Group.
One of my drivers had an accident in a vehicle that was in my care and custody in central London where a motor cyclist hit the side of his Mercedes Sprinter LWB van. The driver has not been prosecuted by the law for dangerous driving so our driver is not at fault for the accident. The insurance company is claiming that the we did not display the trade plates in accordance with the law for Insurance. The DVLA Law states that Trade plate are method of vehicle taxation NOT Insurance. They I believe have refused this instead of allocating blame to the motorcyclist because its an easier option. Is there somebody out there that can assist me please. This has caused me losing a £400,000 contract and they seem to be hiding away from it.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear they are refusing to pay out because you were not displaying plates?
I assume it wouldnt have made any difference to the accident?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
0121(###) ###-####Marc Messer