Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have received a Reminder Letter for an NIP. The original

I have received a Reminder Letter for an NIP. The original alleged offence was 06/08/16. The reminder is dated 22/09/16. I did not receive the NIP in the post, this is the first I have heard of it. I do not have the NIP to be able to fill out the reply form. What should I do?
Alison
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know what the date of the original NIP would have been? Are you the registered owner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the registered keeper, and I know that I was driving the car at the time. I don't know when the original NIP was issued.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok you need to find out. If it was issued more then 14 days after the offence date it is not valid.

It may be it was lost or not issued. That is why you need to ask.

Over 14 days it's not valid. Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The letter states that a response is required within 7 days of the date of the letter (22/09/16). Will I get a response in that time from the Speed Enforcement Unit?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

you may do, or you could just call and ask.

I would ring them to get the original date. That way you can be sure.

Does that clairfy?