Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can i be made to pay a £160 fine for parking in a privste

Customer Question

Can i be made to pay a £160 fine for parking in a privste car park for 40 mins forgot to put on a ticket. The car park was half empty .
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When did they issue this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just recieved this letter today can t remember when it hapoened several months ago i think
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Can you me made to pay it - yes you can.

If you forgot to put a ticket on then you are in breach of the terms and conditions. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 you are liable for the fine.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Plus a decision of ParkingEye Limited (Respondent) v Beavis (Appellant) - heard at the Supreme Court in London said that these charges are legal.

I am sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thankyou.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.