Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I stayed at a hotel as a paying guest, but as there was no

Customer Question

I stayed at a hotel as a paying guest, but as there was no reception I was unable to register my vehicle which was parked in their on site car park. I have now received £136 fine from a debt recovery company for " not registering my vehicle with the hotel" am I bound by law to pay it..
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Were there signs ?

What did they say?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I remember seeing signed in the car park, but it was dark no lighting and I was tired after a six hour drive I arrived about 2230hours. I assumed the signed mearly stated that parking was for residents only. I have stayed in lots of hotels where I have registered my vehicle on arrival with their reception, at this hotel there was no reception, wi-fi or internet in order to contact anyone. The debt recovery service have stated that as I didn't register with the client I must pay the fine. I could not register when I made the hotel booking as I was unsure what car I would use as my was giving me problems and didn't know if it would be fixed before I left for the journey.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jo, I've not had an answer yet.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry. This dropped off my question list. I am not sure why that happened. I've just had the email about it.