Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was driving through London the other day and was snapped

I was driving through London the other day and was snapped at a traffic light. The thing is I was driving a vehicle that is 19.5 meters long, I stopped at the green light to wait for enough room on the other side of the junction. Once clear I proceeded as the lights were green once I entered the yellow box junction the light changed but being over 19 meters long and fully loaded I could gain enough acceleration to clear the junction. But I was comitted and if I did stop I would have got a fine for blocking the yellow box. I have 4 on board cameras that will show I stopped waited and proceed on a green light.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The truck was longer than the actual junction itself, it's a wagon and drag, the camera snapped the trailer and the speed was no more than 5mph which is not to bad in London at regent's park
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How will I appeal this as it was beyond my control and as a professional driver can't afford to pick up three points.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The cameras were installed to prevent drivers racing the lights.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
At 5mph weighing in at 35 ton i don't think is was racing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Is this for a red light offence or entering a box junction?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Red light offence
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Once I started I cleared the box junction. I waited at the green light for my exit to be clear for my truck
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

What colour were the lights when you travelled through?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Green. But being so long and slow moving. I'd say 10 meters of truck had passed the stop line before the light went to amber,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Is this a police issue fine or a local council one?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not sure yet I'm starting damaged control. It most likely be local as it's a fixed
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If it is local council then it will not carry points. It is a fine only.

However, you can appeal in the normal way - first to the council informally, then formally and then to the Adjudicator.

The test is usually what were the colour of the lights when you travelled passed.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

However, the cameras usually capture vehicles on entry rather than on exit as it is the front plate that is an issue so their evidence might be contrary to yours.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The camera was flashing the rear of the vehicle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I 100% went through on a green.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it's a tfl camera
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If it is TFL then the advice above will apply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would you agree that if I went through on a green and the lights changed as I'm half way over the junction i should proceed and carry on
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, the test is the colour of lights upon entry.

But usually the snap is taken on entry for exactly that reason.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I will review the footage on the on board camera tomorrow. Thank you for you assistance and speedy replies