Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My house is on the main road with free parking spaces on

My house is on the main road with free parking spaces on front of the house for 5 cars. Me and my neighbors cant stop and parking there simply because other cars from neighbors further down the road are non stop parking on front of our houses. What can we do to make this space own/ private!?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

So this is a public road without parking restrictions ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is .its free on the main road and we never can park.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is a red route / park any time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

You can always apply to the council to consider issuing residents permits in the area but you cannot force them to do that. It is a matter of their choice and they have to get it through the voting system and have to allow for public objection.

But you can apply to them. You do have to show there is a greater need than your convenience though I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We do have residents permits because we leave not far from Tottenham Spurs stadium and we have restrictions for parking on the other roads around when they paly
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This permits are free for the houses but thats not the question
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, but to apply it to that location you have to ask the council to bring it within the resident's scheme.

To be wholly honest, if there is resident parking elsewhere they will probably refuse.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
we cant make it ether private?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No.

It is a public road. Can't be made private.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.