Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Can you tell me how after information has been at court how

Can you tell me how long after information has been laid at court how long they then have to issue a summons? Is it as long as they need/want or is there a time limit?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

There isn't a time limit upon that but it is an administrative process so usually it is no more than a few weeks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would it ever be as long as 6 months after or does it never happen that long after?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No.The most I have ever seen was 6 weeks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would it be reasonable to say something that happened over a year ago that I have never heard anything about since could now be forgotten about and lesson learnt?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If you haven't receive a summons and they have your address then they have forgotten to summons in all likelihood.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could they go back to this then or would it be too late now?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wasn't actually stopped at the time but expected to receive something in the post and never have, its over a year so I wanted to know if there was ever a chance of anything happening now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, they could but they won't.

It won't happen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks. So I can consider it over now?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Yes, it is not likely to revive now.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just out of curiosity, if you are not stopped at the time but still spotted by police or a member of the public and then reported are some things perhaps not followed up as it would use up a considerable amount of time to track an address, witnesses etc for a minor traffic offence or is generally most things followed up?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?