Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I was stoped by a traffic police officer who said that the

Customer Question

I was stoped by a traffic police officer who said that the mot on the car I was driving had run out.the vehicle is owned by my employees and I am insured to drive as I am the owners carer. I was given a ticket and I signed it at the bottom. The officer told me to do nothing until I receive a notice and statutory £100 fine.
Upon receiving the fine I noticed that the registration number was not the same as that of the vehicle
Is this a loophole that will null and void the fine?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Hi - when was this and why were you stopped?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
10-01-17
Because the vehicles MOT had expired
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Not really.

You could refuse to pay the fine on that basis.

There is a risk that they will just summons you to court and then find the error and amend the charge. Then you would have to plead and be liable for costs.

Or maybe they will forget. That does happen sometimes.

But you take a risk.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/