Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have a summons to magistrates court for road traffic act

Customer Question

Hi - I have a summons to magistrates court for road traffic act offence, but have a pre-booked holiday with my family. can I ask to have the date moved?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am located in England (northants). Court hearing is in Hereford
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It is a summons from the court as DVLA as prosecuting me for a SORN offence
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Hi - what is the date of the hearing please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
6th April
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Correspondence attached
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My second question relates to the case itself:The background (in brief) is that in June 2016 I took the car to the garage and it was clear that the repairs would cost more than the value of the car so they agreed to scrap it for me.
In December 2016, I go a letter from DVLA chasing me up because I hadn't paid the road tax or completed a SORN document. I wrote back explaining that I had transferred the car.
I then received (in Feb this year) a notice of court summons and I pleaded not guilty, explaining the circumstances and giving details of the garage who had taken the car.
Upon subsequent enquiry, I discovered that they hadn't scrapped it and it was still sitting in their yard. They apologised and accepted that this was their oversight.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for this - I am unable to call till later if this is ok thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We can continue by messenger now, if that is easier for you? Or if not what time would you be able to have a call?
(I have some additional questions regarding the case itself)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

im currently en route so not able to do either - but will continue asap thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi - please can you give me some indication of when that will be? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi - if you're not available to answer any questions, it would be great if you would just say that, as I have signed up and paid on the basis that you were available at the time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi - radio silence from you, not really = "will call you ASAP"? let's give up on this.