Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a Romanian driving license and I have accepted the

Customer Question

I have a Romanian driving license and I have accepted the speeding offense on motorway. I was not offered a fixed penalty fine and I have asked the police and they are saying that they have send me details and it will be decided in the court that what will be my fine. I am confused what will happen now as do I have to go to court and how long it will take for the decision.What max fine i can get and do I will have points on my licence or not.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How long have you been in the UK?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
for one and half year

ok. The law says you must change it after one year. As such you will be sent to court.

You will face a fine, but the level depends on how much you earn, court costs and at least 3 points.

The maximum penalty is £1000 fine and disqualification.

Can I clarify anytigjg for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do i have to appear in court or I have to send the fine only. as i am a self contracted driver so what income proof they will want.

You may not need to go to Court.

They will want you to fill out a means form. But it is an offence for you to lie on it

Doe that clarify?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ya i will declare my honest income, and how long it will take for court to send me a letter. As i have send the acceptance of offense a week before.

The Court will let you know the outcome after the hearing.

Does that clarify?