Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Have included the dashcam footage for the incident. In a

have included the dashcam footage for the incident.
https://youtu.be/XmipRzjO4yc
In a short.. he was just behind me until he saw the signal turn green. There were few vehicles in my lane. As soon signal turned green he pulled from the right and sped up, but started to indicate in front of me.. I gave him space to join my lane but he kept pushing me out of my lane.. apparently he was going all the way to the left changing 3 lanes. There was no car behind him which could have prevented him to stop and let me pass.
He refused to give his address and insurance details, the only thing stopped him driving off was police cars attending another incident just yards from our accident.
He also admitted his mistake: https://youtu.be/DPTm40F2R2c
So my question is am I at fault?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both footages are with Insurance company with STO already filed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry forgot to mention that my dashcam is mounted on the right of windscreen, which gives an impression that I am driving in both lanes.. if you look footage from start you will see what I meant. At no point I went in to other party lane.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will help you.

Who are you saying is to blame?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am 110% sure he is to blame. From behind me he went into wrong lane by overtaking me in third lane, despite lanes marked clearly, when he should have been to my left all the time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But obviously I need expert opinion, hence the question.

Thanks. I think this is 50/50.

He is at fault because he is in the wrong lane and by the time you had begun to pull inside him and go round he hit you. He entered your lane.

However you are also liable because when he indicated, he had right of way. There was plenty of room and you should have slowed to allow traffic change lanes as he was plenty ahead of you.

As such I think you are both liable. He is probable more liable than you so 60/40 but I think there is fault on both sides.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. Does his admission matters in deciding who is at fault? He clearly knew he is coming from the wrong side.
I understand the indicating bit but wasn't his right of way started before he overtook me.I have attached the drawing showing this and my trajectory. Accident happened even further ahead of my crash mark, which can be seen in video.. so he had missed his exit already before the crash.All I am trying to understand if insurance blame me or 50 50, can I take this in to court.

No, none whatsoever. People often say sorry after an accident even if they are not at fault. It is human nature.

I realise how the vehicles are crossing, I have viewed the footage.

You can take it to Court if you wish, but I do think you are partly liable.

Does that clarify?