Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a parking ticket at the Euro car park behind M&S

Customer Question

I received a parking ticket at the Euro car park behind M&S in Taunton , I spoke to their attendant as I had a trailer on behind so parked across three bays. I paid the ticket, spoke to the girl, it was before 9 am, and I said I would back as soon as I'd been to the bank, at approx. 09.05 she agreed to this as it was early.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: when I returned at 09.05 she had issued me with a ticket at 09.04 , when I asked her why she told me the manager of the store had told her to, when I tackled the assistant manager he told me she had asked him for his advice on how to issue me a ticket . I never did get a satisfactory answer from either as they both blame the other. Euro parks just say on appeal that I was parked not in marked bay
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I went through their appeals
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have names and all the tickets
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi - the manager of M&S told her to issue ticket? is this correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The girl said the manager did, the manager said the girl did
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

OK.

Are you prepared to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Why would I be sued? The attendant said it was ok for me to be there, I said I was going to be less than twenty minutes, which I was. When I returned I was told the manager had told her to issue a ticket. The manager via the section manager states that the attendant changed her one and issued me with a ticket. Had I known after buying a ticket and checking with the girl it was ok. I was then going to be issued with a £40/£70 fine I would have tried to find alternative parking.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Does that mean you are not prepared to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't understand your question. If being sued means having to pay the higher fine of £70 pounds. And I ask again on what grounds would they sue me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I really need to know whether you are prepared to risk being sued.

it is a simple yes or no really.