Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have got a few parking fines at two different hospitals.

Customer Question

I have got a few parking fines at two different hospitals. Upon the advice of my colleagues I ignored them. I am now in receipt of letters for impending legal action. One from IE Legal Solicitors acting on behalf of Total Parking Solutions Limited and three separate ones from Wright Hassall Solicitors acting on behalf of ZZPS limited. I wasn't sure whether I can continue to ignore them or what best course of action I should take. Thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi - what was the reason given to ignore these tickets? thanks

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
A multitude of problems. Even if you obtain permit there is very limited parking spaces. Advice from colleagues mainly
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Online forums as well advise to ignore them. Recently there has been more advice to contact them. I am not sure which route to take and how
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It is not that simple.

Are you prepared to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Answer is no. Perhaps I have been misinformed of the risk being zero. What are the options and approach?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There are all sorts of remarks on internet about the private car companies being cowboys and recruiting dubious solicitors. You hear all sorts and it has left me confused
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It is not quite right that there is zero risk. That was always overstated.

They have always had a perfectly valid challenge in law. It is just one that wasn't very cost effective to enforce.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
what shall I do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

You need to decide how much risk you want to take. Ultimately if you cannot risk being sued then your only option is to pay in full. There is no other way of bringing the claim to an end.

If you are willing to bear the risk then you should be aware that it is fairly low but it remains present and nobody can guarantee that they won't. They are more aggressive now than they used to be because they have lost control over the industry.

Chances are that they would not sue though if you were willing to fight this.

But they will send you some very nasty letters.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't understand. On one hand you say to settle and pay in full. On the other you say if I fight it then the chances of being sued are even lower. So how would I fight it?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How many people are taken to court? What is the process if you go to court? What damage can they do to our credit rating if any or any other damage other than financial? Please provide greater clarity and information. Could you also please let me know your credentials. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

I am not able to give you any more information than is on the site about credentials.

If you wanted anymore than that then I'm afraid you will need to see a high street solicitor or a barrister under public access.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't then understand/accept why we your website ask for payment to get advice and help and the level of advice you have provided is nothing further than what is freely available
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I was hoping and expecting to get specific answers and guidance which I am clearly not getting
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

OK. Good luck.