Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I scraped a cars bumper that was illegally parked, half of

Customer Question

I scraped a cars bumper that was illegally parked, half of his car was on double yellows, the other half was parked on the public pathway which I have to reverse on to get to my driveway, my question is simple would his type of illegal parking both on double yellows and a public pathway void is insurance, or would I still be to blame thinking i could get through, I have photographic evidence yours sincerely
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Was he stationary?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

In that case, I'm afraid, that does not void his insurance.

AT the very highest point, it might amount to contributory negligence but even that is fairly weak I'm afraid.

There is an offence of dangerous parking although I'm not sure this really gets over the hurdle. Dangerous parking is a really high test.

Nevertheless though, if the vehicle was station and you were moving then the duty is yours to avoid it.

I'm very sorry.