Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I recently had a collections agency come to my house asking

Customer Question

Hello I recently had a collections agency come to my house asking for over £500 pounds for a parking fine I apparently got in sept 2016 outside my house.
I knew nothing about the fine and had had no letters regarding it at all.
I wanted proof and he showed me a iPad copy of the warrant for the fine. I could not pay all so we agreed to pay in 3 payments of £171. When I came to pay first time there was some confusion about my address, I paid, second time as agreed I paid I had to give an address I didn't live at for them to accept the payment. The third payment is due but I don't feel right not giving the correct address?
Can you help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The parking fine documents have the wrong address I have paid 2/3 of the bill so far, shouldn't the documents have the right address?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The reason this fine exceeds £500 is because it has progressed since September 2016 with no response from me. I can't pay this fine because they must be sending all requests and warnings to the wrong address, therefore I must have a right to challenge the whole fine total?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Did you give them the correct address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never gave them my address , the collector will not say how he got my address? But the fine was parking outside my house, the car is registered correctly with Dvla and all my passport etc are at this address, so I don't know how the fine has the wrong address? I feel I am still clarifying my original question here?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Well, that is a problem per se.

Did you update the DVLA with your new address?