29905560

I'm learning driver, I was driving car with my learner

Customer Question

I'm learning driver, I was driving car with my learner supervisor. By my lack of confidence I bump to the car on front of me. Any of the car been damaged, but lady trying to get 200£ of me... by friendly way... so I'm curious, what I can do?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Just to clarify - has any of her car been damaged? Did she suffer any injuries?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. Apparently she want replace child seat and she trying to get 200£ of the me by friendly way...

Was the child seat damaged?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know, she said all is good. She drive off. Then she called me with
story How she been advise to change her child seat.. apparently seat is ok but is apparently risk involed...M

Ok well I do not see what exactly she is claiming for here. Just because she does not have a proper seat in the car and is exposed at extra risk due to potential accidents is not your problem. She can only pursue you for any damage which you have caused, such as damage to the car or anything in it, or injury to the driver. It does not appear any damage was caused or that any injury was suffered so it looks like they are just trying to take advantage of this incident and make some money out of you, especially as they are requesting this to be done on the side. I certainly would not pay them anything and tell them that if they want to claim for an damage they must supply proof and even take you to court to prove that is the case. I don’t see them going that far to be honest.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good evening, i have one more question. The lady contact me again, she want my car registration, if i didn't damage her car, and i don't cause any injures to her, so do i need to give her my registration?

No you do not, the legal requirement is that you stopped at the site of an accident - if she wanted your details then she should have asked them at the time, but now you do not have to give her your car reg. It does not stop her gong further to find that though, even going to the police but hopefully she won't. Hope this clarifies?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I give her my name and phone number, but she trying to say that she will claim money from insurance, for new child seat.. what to do, Please

If she child seat was not damaged she cannot claim, so until she provides you with evidence of the damage and how it was caused by you, do not give her any details

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? Do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the response to your query? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks