Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Within a space of 1 week ihave received: 1 Cond Offer of

Customer Question

Good evening. Within a space of 1 week ihave received :1 Cond Offer of Fixed Penalty for use of mob phone (6 points + £200). Im yet to accept itAndToday, Notice of intended prosecution for ""fail to comply with red traffic signal/lane clisure signals"What is the likelyhoud of me loosing my licence now? I do not have any other points on my licence.Im not questioning the offence - i must have done it. Although, if any excuse can be taken into consideration - my 3yo son has bern duagnosed with cancer and my mind is over the place..
Thank youMany thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

When did you pass your test?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2003
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to add also that 2 years ago i attended a "Speeding awareness course" after an offence for 32m/h speed in 30 m/h zone. So thjs option wont be available to me now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

You should only get three points for the reg light offence.

Therefore you would be placed on the cusp of disqualification but not quite there.

your personal circumstances are not relevant to this offence as you are not at risk of a ban for totting but may amount to exceptional hardship if you were to tot at a later stage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.I think i read somewhere that it is "min 3 points", so was concerned that because it is a 2nd offence straight after the previous they may apply a more severe penatly. Are you saying that it is a "fixed 3 points" offence and not "3 or more, at discretion"?And another question please - if it gets to that point within 3 years, could you pls clarify at what point do i have an opportunity to plea for "no ban" and the steps involved, i. e. 1) Notice of Intended prosecution; 2) i accept it resulting in 12 or more points; 3) ???; 4) ???
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Not for S36. That would be 3 points.

Realistically, if you exceed 12 points you are at risk of a ban.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I was going to rate after my last 2 questions. Will do now. Hopefully, you can still answer them after rating. Thanks again.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

You can try to avoid a ban on the basis that you will suffer exceptional hardship if you are banned.

That is quite a high test though. It really does mean exceptional.

Usually loss of job or an impact upon others who are innocent like children is a good basis.

I wouldn't panic about it now. Just be careful about speed limits.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. Hopefully, it will be 3 points now, not 6.All the best.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

It won't be 6 points for S36.

All the best.