Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I received a NIP for a speeding offence in March. There are

Customer Question

Good morning. I received a NIP for a speeding offence in March. There are no issues surrounding the identification of the vehicle etc. I completed the NIP and subsequently returned it. I have now received a Court summons and have just realised that the NIP was issued 5 days after the 14 day period had lapsed. Do I have a case to plead not guilty on the grounds of the NIP not being issued in time?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you the registered keeper?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

If the date of issue is 14 days after the date of offence then you can plead not guilty.

They must send in the post within 14 days.

So plead not guilty.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 22 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.