Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have recently received 2 parkkng fines in the same car

Customer Question

I have recently received 2 parkkng fines in the same car park that I have been paying £3 every Thursday evening for the last 4-6 months, after 6pm this covers me all night until 8am. I have continued to pay this but have received 2 fines via Parking Eye, on consecutive Thursday's 12th October and 19th October. It appears that the price for overnight parking may well have gone up but there was no lighting in the car park and so I could not see any signage or subsequent price rise. I have had the first appeal rejected without explanation and am expecting the same for the second appeal. Can you please advise me what is best to do.In addition to this I have received a parking fine from the same company for parking in an ASDA car park in Hayle, Cornwall when I slept in the back of my van after making a delivery to a local hospital. The store was closed and I parked on the far side of the car park... not actually on the tarmac surface. I was absolutely exhausted at the time and was completely unaware of any charge overnight as I did not see any signage or pay and display machines. Could you please advise me of my next move.In all instances I am receiving a lot of advice to just ignore all communication but feel that I require advice from a professional, I am an honest and hard working person and pay where and when I need to, especially in my role as a nationwide courier.Your help would be greatly appreciated.Kind regardsPaul
07921 249 943
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you appealed the decision at all?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have appealed the first Liverpool parking fine and had that rejected, appealed the saving and awaiting response and only received the Cornwall fine yesterday, which I have not appealed yet.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I am at an all day seminar and then social event tomorrow, if I can take the call option on Monday evening, after work and I can take some notes
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 23 days ago.

Ok. Have you appealed to POPLA yet?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
No, just the initial appeal on the first two fines in Liverpool, but they threatened that I would lose the right to appeal further
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 23 days ago.

Ok, you should appeal to POPLA:

https://www.popla.co.uk/

They are an independent appeals service, if the Company is a member.

Even if you lose there, you can take it to the small claims Court and a Judge can decide.

But based on what you have said, you have an arguable case.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!