Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have received a conditional offer fixed penalty. I

I have received a conditional offer fixed penalty. I currently have a clean licence. I have not been offered the option of a speed awareness course even though this is my first offence. ( i was doing 25 mph in a 20 mph zone in E8) Can i request this instead of the fine and points?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

You can.

anybody can ask anything.

However it is entirely within their discretion whether they offer it or not Im afraid. Generally speaking if the offer is not made they will not usually do so whether a defendant asks or not.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
That’s what I thought. Wanted to make sure I didn’t waste a lot of time trying to get a response when the offer will most likely stay as it is.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 22 days ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/