Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recently received a notice of intention to prosecute from

I recently received a notice of intention to prosecute from a rail company because I had purchased the incorrect ticket online. i had no additional funds to purchase a fine when inspected.I responded with the honest account of events.Since then, i have now received a summons to appear in a magistrates court.How should I respond?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
do you need my number?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you not get a fine from them which you had to pay within a certain period of time?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I got a fine on the train, but i didn't have payment with me. The revenue protection officer then proceeded to prosecute me.I got told that I was refusing to pay and had committed an offence. Specifically I was told 8.2 Current Framework - Railway Specific Legislation refusing to pay.I responded with a letter explaining I'd made a mistake with the incorrect ticket, tried to pay, but the revenue protection officer didn't have the means to accept my payment due to the fine being over contact;ess payment amounts. I didn't have any other means, apart from a pre-paid card which I could not top up. The revenue protection officer refused online payment, even though I had full internet and the train service provided free internet. I think there was no means to pay through a web portal though.I've now received a letter stating that a summons from magistrate court is being processed. What should i do?Never offended in my life, it was an honest mistake.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 20 days ago.

Does it have the prosecution unit number on the letter?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I attach the letter. 'm not sure where that is.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How should i respond?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

You should call the number. They will probably do a deal.

The number is ***** the top right - 0207(###) ###-####/p>

You will have to pay a big fine with them, but it will stop it going to Court.

If you didnt have the correct ticket, then sadly you are liable.

You need to make sure you do an out of Court deal.

If they wont, then get a Solicitor to contact them and try and do a deal.

But they should do - its all about the £.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 19 days ago.

Good luck.