Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I had my clutch replaced which afterwards was still sticking

Customer Question

Hello, I had my clutch replaced which afterwards was still sticking in gear or not going in at all. The mechanic change the master slave loop which still didn't fix the problem and brake fluid was leaking out, shortly after my clutch went a again, this time he replaced the clutch plus the bearing and fork, a week later my clutch broke again. Another week later and it has gone again, recovery assistance said the seal behind the flywheel was either damaged or missing and oil has contaminated the clutch.
Another clutch maybe plus now the mechanic is saying it's the gearbox and not the same problem. I believe if the first clutch had been fitted properly with the bearings, seals and fork it would be still fine.
The mechanic expects me to pay again when I believe it is his mistake but he is now saying it's due to the flywheel oring. I am just wondering if she. The last clutch has was out on and the gearbox removed it is likely that the only ring on the flywheel should have been checked and replaced or whether the clutch and gearbox removal will have any effect on this seal as it seems a bit ominous that it's never the previous fault but it 'would have happened anyway which I do not believe and would like your help and advice before I buy another clutch kit plus gearbox etc etc Thank you
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like an issue with the gear box itself causing this fault.If there is a seal leaking though then this fluid can get onto the clutch components causing issues with the seal needing replaced.It is very possible with the several removals and installs this caused the seal leak.I would ask if they will help at all with the costs to repair this issue here since you have had them work on it so many different times with the same issues still.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete