Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

I have inherited a Toshiba Television Model Number 3327 DB.

Customer Question

I have inherited a Toshiba Television Model Number 3327 DB. I am trying to connect it to a Digital Box to get television signals. I have the instructions for the digital box which is made by Thompson. I have made the conections as per the Thompson's instructions. However the box and the television do not link. Can you help me? Yours faithfully, Anthony XXXXX

Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 4 years ago.

Hi! Thank you for using Just Answer today! My name is Tim, I am happy to help you with this! Please bear with me and be patient as sometimes these issues take a little bit of figuring out before we know what's wrong. If you could give me some more information it will be very helpful:

-How did you hook the box to the tv?

The choices are:

Component cables: 5 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a green, a blue, a red, a white, and another red cable

Composite cables: 3 wires between the tv and the device, these are color coded on the end and have a yellow, a white, and a red.

HDMI: 1 wire between the tv and the device, this is a single wire and looks like a computer plug on each end, similar to a large USB connector.

Coax: This is 1 wire between the tv and the device as well. This is the normal cable wire with the end the screws

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.
Tim Nolan