Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have an LG flatscreen TV which works off my Sky+ box. I have

Customer Question

I have an LG flatscreen TV which works off my Sky+ box. I have perfect sound but no picture. The screen is blank (bright white screen not black). I can change channels and have tried different input modes with no success.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Can you please let me know:
1. How is the Sky+ box connected to your LG TV? (e.g. Scart cable, HDMI cable)
2. Have you tried a different cable?
3. Are any other devices connected to your TV? (e.g. DVD player)
4. If so, can you view those other devices ok?

looking forward to your reply...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am using a tv link connector to operate the sky from the bedroom on this TV. The skybox is attached to the main tv in the lounge. The TV in the lounge is working fine off sky so I suspect something has 'broken' in the TV in the bedromm which means there is no picture.

I have no other devices attached to the TV.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sue,
Try removing the tv link and connect the coax cable directly to the TV.
Let me know if you then get a picture.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have removed the tvlink so the aerial goes directly into the TV. I still have sound but no picture.

What are the options for what could be wrong?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
To troubleshoot further, you will need to test the Sky cable on another TV, or test the LG TV with a different input device, e.g. a DVD player...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if I move the TV and hook it up to the sky box in the lounge and the screen is still white but I have sound does this mean the TV is effectively dead? I cannot believe I am the only one to face this so in the worst case scenario is there a part that has failed in the TV and is it something that can be fixed?

This TV is only 3 years old but are we talking about me throwing this away if the picture does not appear when I link it directly to the sky box?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sue,
If the TV is still white when connected directly to the Sky box then this will confirm that the TV has a fault.
It is becoming more common for TVs to fail after 3 or 4 years of use now, since many manufacturers are using cheaper components and the TVs are not designed for easy repair - to have this fault fixed, if confirmed, would cost almost as much if not more than a new TV at today's prices.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sue,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sue,

Let me know,

Pete.