Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

My television when switched on - no picture only lines and

Customer Question

My television when switched on - no picture only lines and I have soun d
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?
Additionally, what is connected to the TV for devices (DVD, cable box, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which Device you're watching?
If you press MENU on the TV when the problem is occuring, does the MENU display normally on the full screen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You asked me for more information and I have given this to you. You have not replied. Why

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
I have not received a reply until just now. I don't see any posts here with the information provided, could be a site issue. Can you please resend?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is now the 3rd time I have sent to you. My TV is 5 yrs old. The have a sky HD Box, no DVD. I have nkot tried the Menu button. I have tried the Sky button the interactive and help button and the input buttons as told me by the Sky Engineers when they were trying to help., This has been going on for 3 wks and they adviused me tloday it is a TV problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

I reply as soon as I see a post, so whatever occurred is outside my control and likely a site issue.

We need to isolate the problem further. Forget about the Sky remote and try to use the TV remote to bring up MENU, or Volume icons and let me know if they show on the screen.

Also, how thick are the liens that are showing?

Is there any buzz or hum coming from the TV at all when this problem is occuring?