Viet - TV Tech
Viet - TV Tech, Technician
Experience:  Skills with TV Configurations.
30037186

Toshiba 19BV501B 19-inch Can I use the above as a screen

Customer Question

Toshiba 19BV501B 19-inch

Can I use the above as a screen for my lap with VGA HD 15p connector - seems to be a lot for it on the back of the screen - if so how please

Thank yo
Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Robert! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, you can connect a VGA cable from the TV to the laptop, then you can use the TV as the screen for your laptop. You can get a VGA cable from your local computer store or online:

graphic
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Series-Monitor-Replacement-Cable/dp/B0000B1K4E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1373487170&sr=8-5&keywords=vga+cable

Note: on the TV, use the TV remote to set the TV input/source to PC / VGA, etc... . On the laptop, press at the same time the two keys Fn (near the bottom left of the keyboard) and the monitor icon key (it's one of the function keys from F1 to F12 at the top) in order to switch the display.

Please let me know if you have any further question. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.