hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

how do I uninstall timed shutdown on my sony bravia tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Barry! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your sony bravia tv, such as KDL-60EX645?

Have you gone to Menu / Setup settings
, then go to the Clock/Timers option
, then go to the Sleep Timer option
, then set it to Off

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where is menue option?? TV is KDL 32EX301.

On your TV remote control, is there a Menu button or something similar? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have done as you suggested . I have done this before but it did not work. when I went into this option today it was still set to off, however, the shut down message appeared last evening. Trouble is when you follow the onscreen instruction to hit any button to cancel the turn off, the system changes from HDI to plain TV. By the time you change back to HDI the program has moved on or finished. Any more thoughts?

I'm sorry, I did not know you've done this before. Let me open the issue to other Professionals. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK thank you; I will await your further thoughts. :)

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 years ago.

Firstly please try unplugging the TV from the electrical wall outlet and wait 60 seconds and then plug it back in. You may have had a power surge which has affected the TV's onboard logic board.

If that doesn't fix the problem please go here and make sure that you have the latest firmware for your TV which is the TV's computer's software.

If this doesn't fix the problem then there is a problem with your TV's logic board.

How old is the TV please?