carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

I have a Matsui TV Model M15DIGB01 which has NO sound, have

Customer Question

I have a Matsui TV Model M15DIGB01 which has NO sound, have tried ear socket but still no sound. If there is a 'chip' I need to replace please let me know .

Mick
[email protected]
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer, My name is Carl and I will try to help you with your question.

Does your tv have no sound on all inputs?

The fault with your tv could be caused by faulty capacitors or a faulty amp IC, I have come across other matsui tvs with no sound and this was caused by faulty capacitors.

If a capacitor is faulty they sometimes swell up and instead of having flat tops they tend to get domed tops. It would be worth visaully inspecting the main board of the tv to see if there are any capacitors with a domed top.

If you could send me any board numbers that you can find on the main board I will hopefully be able to help you more.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a Matsui TV Model M15DIGB01 which has NO sound, have tried ear socket
but still no sound. If there is a 'chip' I need to replace please let me
know . Mick
Sorry for the delay, have had to deal with other problems.
I have sent photo which might help, I have checked capacitors for 'blown'
tops as requested but cannot find any. You can see board details which are
B.LT712C. Any other suggestions please forward.
Mick

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mick,

The board number you have does have problems with faulty capcitors in the amp section. If you are able to replace the capacitors I would try that. Sometime they are faulty but dont have blown tops. Do you have access to an ESR meter? The board also suffers from eprom problems, sometimes in the tv's menu there will be an option to reset the tv sometimes resetting the tv will bring the sound back.

If that does not work it might be worth looking out for a replacement board you need to make sure it is off the same tv. The board is used in many tvs and although the board looks the same the software on the board is different and sometime the screen type is wrong so you would not get a picture.