Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

I have a Panasonic TV Model TX-L.32E-20B, purchased 5th January

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TV Model TX-L.32E-20B, purchased 5th January 2012 from Richer Dounds at their store on York.
I also have a camcorder,Model DCR-SR58E,serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I wish to show my recorings from the camcorder to the TV.
I connected the cable provided by Sony from the camcorder to the TV via a USB link, but can only get pictures in Bl;ack & white, even though they were taken in colour,and can be seen as such on the camcorder.
Likewise, I have connected the camcorder from its a/v remote connector to the individual white red and yellow socckets on the back of the TV, with the same result, i.e. black& qwhite pictures.
My 4GB SD card coes not bring any results either, but I find that the TV limit is 2GB SD. Can the TV be upgraded to accept 4GB SD?
Oterwise, how can I get ny pictures in Volour?
Derek
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Hmm, both the USB and Video outputs on your recorder are in black and white.

The TV can't be upgraded, unless Panasonic has created a Firmware or Software update that specifically rewrites the programming to accept 4GB cards. That would be explained on the software update itself.

If you have an SD card that's 2Gb or less, I would run a short test and see if it shows up on the TV when inserted into the TV's card reader.

What happens if you connect your SD card to your computer and view it on that? Is it still black and white there? That would at least tell us the Camcorder isn't delivering color signal to be stored.

And if so....then I would look at the actual video settings on the camcorder.