Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Hi I have a samsung 42" tvMODEL PS-42C7HD (R)CODE PS-427CHDX/XEUT

Customer Question

Hi I have a samsung 42" tv
MODEL PS-42C7HD (R)
CODE PS-427CHDX/XEU
TYPE AD42P7
SERIAL AF323SFL500264H
The tv keeps turning and on untill yesterday and now just switches off, many thanks john
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

How long have you had the set for?
Was it after a storm or power outage?
Also, when the set shuts off, does the power light begin to blink at all?
If so, does the light blink continuously, or in a pattern (such as 5 blinks, pause, 5 blinks, pause, etc.)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi sorry about the delay ive had the tv for6/7 years, it was'nt a storm or power outage , when the set switches off after a couple of mins the blue light blinks constantly unless i try to switch the set back on when it flashes very fast. john

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

This fault can be caused by one of several different things. You're not getting an actual blink code, but rather a basic "bootup" blink. Do you have a meter and are you looking to diagnose and repair this yourself?

Or are you looking to find out what the likely possibilities are and a repair estimate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Aric, about 2 months ago the set would just switch off and then switch back on again this happened once a week then turned off altogether 4 days ago , as for repairs ,no i can't do any repairs ,do you think its worth repairing or not , john

Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

This problem can happen due to several things, and to determine which, a Technician would need to first inspect the Power Supply Board for signs of faulty Capacitors, as well as measure the voltages coming from the Power Supply.

The Power Supply is one of the most common causes of this problem. The capacitors on this board can swell and bulge due to receiving a surge, and can cause a voltage drop on one of the outputs on the PS. This typically will cost you $250 to have repaired.

The other very common issues, are problems with the Sustain boards failing. They are responsible for producing the image on the Plasma display and are the HARDEST working boards in the set. They also incur the greatest amount of heat which can cause failures such as the one you are having. common failures for this type of TV. Average cost for this type of repair is around $450-$500 parts and labor.

The choice to repair is yours, but if it were me, I would personally put the same money towards a new LCD, or Plasma TV.

If you'd like, you can locate a tech using the link below:

www.tvrepairpros.com