Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

Please advise me how to retune in a flat screen television

Customer Question

LaughingSmilePlease advise me how to retune in a flat screen television set with the use of the remote control.Smile

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

You need to get the missing Brand and Model number to start. The user's manual has both, or you can get the brand name and model off the TV set. Sticker is on the back like this --

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am in an internet cafe and am unable to establish the information that you require. However, I have found my way through to the set up screens auto tuning screens manual tuning screens and programme edit screens. When I attempt to install the channels through the auto tuning field I then select the start button and the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen works its way through from 2% through to 100% and the television is still not tuned in. Presumably there must be a generic way that you can advise me on how to approach the installation. I took a photo of the front of the television this morning with info such as HD ready etc. Would the remainder of the info such as 2xhdmi assist you in answering my question?

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Well, when you are TUNING, you're either trying to tune in your TV set to Cable TV without a cable box (nightmare! they don't want you not paying for a box!)

OR

You're trying to tune in local TV channels (semi-nightmare ! You can't see the invisible TV waves that your antenna must be in contact with to get the TV stations !)

And that's usually why it's not locking in channels. Plus the fact the Cable and Air settings won't lock in channels if you are attempting to receive the wrong ones.

Is it hard? Not really, but I do need some of that information back from you about the cable versus outdoor antenna you need for local TV reception.

Could use the Brand name of the TV set too. Model also, but you're in an internet café....and to me, you have stuff you plan to do before you go home and park it in front of the box.

If you ARE using an Indoor antenna for local TV....I can check the needs of your area with this site here --

http://www.antennaweb.org/

Gives us a good BASELINE requirement to start with.

http://www.antennaweb.org/Stations.aspx?Address=&City=Fort+Wayne&State=IN&ZIP=46815&Housing=S&Accuracy=4&Height=6&Obstructed=False&StationList=&Lat=41.1046501&Lon=-85.0545197

See? I need an indoor antenna with a power amp and a piece of wire WAY UP in my living room. And I'm 8 miles away from the transmitter farm.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will have to return to you tomorrow or on monday with the above instructions. Good to hear from u and I will be in touch again by the end of play on Monday evening. Thanks

Colin

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.
Ok, contact me when you're available, see you at that time
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

I saw your second posting regarding the fact you found your LG TV's model number information. Can you post that here and save this page as a favorites or bookmark it so you can direct-access our conversation here?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have now got the details from my flat screen LG TELEVISION that will enable you to confirm to me how to achieve re tuning the flat screen LG Television in. Hope to hear from u very soon.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.
Did you get your TV's model number? I haven't received it yet.