TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Hi I have a sharp LC-50LE651K tv and AN-3DG30 glasses. The

Customer Question

Hi I have a sharp LC-50LE651K tv and AN-3DG30 glasses. The problem is that the glasses only pair for a few seconds then revert to normal, I have also tried universal IR glasses tp no avail, please help.
I have also tried pairing them using the tv's 2D to 3d settings but nothing works.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

AN-3DG20B glasses. The only issue I see is the 20 versus the 30 in the model number of the glasses.

However, that subtle difference in model numbers may be why they don't maintain the syncing.

The 2D to 3D mode in the TV set should always cause the TV to sync the glasses, so since that doesn't work, even with those Sharp 30's...I'd flip open a digital camera and see what the Infrared transmitter on the TV is doing when you activate 2D to 3D mode.

You should see a white light coming from the front of the TV set when the 2D to 3D is turned on, and it should turn off with normal 2D viewing.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean by flip open a digital camera?

I do own a Nikon dslr!

Thanks Mark

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI,

Sorry forget that last question! did not realise cameras can detect infared!

Will get back to you with the results, Mark.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Sorry about the "flip open the camera" I was also going to suggest using a cell phone camera, which also detects and displays the white light on the LCD display panel.

I have a Sony camera, I'll show you how any remote control shows up on the LCD display --

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

They usually just light up or flash when any button on the remote control is pressed and the unit is pointed at the camera lens.

3D TV sets....they use infra-red LEDS on the front of the TV set to trigger glasses to turn on and start strobing the left and right lenses. It's kind of a soft white light you may find in the lower frame of the TV cabinet. When you're in 2D to 3D mode it should always work, so you really don't need a 3D disc, and a 3D blu ray player and an HDMI 1.4 cable to test the TV and the glasses.

I do know that there are some glasses and TV sets that have switched from the IR lamps to using a Bluetooth RF pairing system, but the TWO models of glasses mentioned previously....both are IR units.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I did as you suggested, the infra-reds are working (learned something new already)

Will have a set of AN-3DG20B glasses tomorrow to try, will get back to you, Mark.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Yeah, let's see if the 20's at least respond to the 2D-3D being turned on.

Is there any chance you may happen to have -- HDMI 1.4 cable, a 3D Dvd and a 3D DVD player in your home?

I'm suspecting the "initial pairing" or action you see from the original set of glasses might just be the glasses booting up, and they aren't really locking into the TV set's signal, but just starting up when you press the power button on the glasses. I don't want to assume the TV sends out a brief pulse of 3D sync, and that's triggering the glasses for a short time....That's why I happened to mention that the glasses, when powered on may trigger all by themselves, then sit there waiting for a 3D signal to trigger them.

Usually I'll fire up the glasses first, then put them on and see what happens when I switch on 2D-3D mode and see if the glasses respond the moment I do that.

The whole issue we have is we need to isolate the problem to the glasses or the TV set not doing its job.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All sorted....working fine with the new glasses, thanks for your help, Mark.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome, so the 30's don't work but the 20's function fine on your TV model?