Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

My Sony smart tv will occasionally not load any apps. Why does

Customer Question

My Sony smart tv will occasionally not load any apps. Why does this happen? It's getting very frystrating
Category: TV
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Dan :

Hi, my name is Dan and I will be working with you today on your question!

Dr. Dan :

This sometimes can be associated with a poor internet connection, or your internet applications need to be refreshed

Dr. Dan :

Occasionally the software on the TV gets buggy and doesn't load the apps and some people even report that all the apps dissapear

Dr. Dan :

Generally to solve this you can do the following:

Dr. Dan :

Perform a hard reset to the RV by turning the TV ON a few minutes, hold arrow up button on remote, press the power button of the side of TV once, let go the arrow up button. Waited a couple min and the setup screen came on like when TV was brand new. You will need to set up the TV again, but your applications should return to normal

Dr. Dan :

Let me know if that helps!

Dr. Dan :

If it does please take a moment to rate our interaction to close this question.

Dr. Dan :

Dr. Dan :

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask them below and I will gladly continue to assist you!

Dr. Dan :

Dan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you just google the answer? I googled the question and got this answer already today and for your info this did not work. How do I get my money back as this was an unsatisfactory answer
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 4 years ago.
Have you otherwise checked to see if your TV has a software update?